Environmental Management Policy
Naubro Kerb Pty Ltd has a commitment to manage its operations in an environmentally responsible manner. To achieve this objective Naubro Kerb Pty Ltd strives to achieve the following outcomes:
- Conduct all operations in accordance with legislation, government policies and planning approvals;
- Responsibly minimise adverse environmental affects by operating at an efficient level of performance and by balancing short term and long term costs;
- Design or implement new programs and work to responsibly minimise adverse environmental effects and to maximise favourable effects where possible;
- Provide information to and consider input from the community on significant environmental matters;
- Work within a framework of ecologically sustainable development by using resources in a manner, which maximises their value to the community and to future generations;
- Periodically review existing operations and identify opportunities to
- Reduce adverse environmental effects;
- Improve the environment affected by Naubro Kerb Pty Ltd;
- Use resources more efficiently;
- Minimise the generation of waste products; and
- Implement systems to continually improve environmental management and performance.
On site, the site supervisor shall ensure that the following effects on the environment are adequately maintained at all times.
- Where applicable, dust emissions to be confined to the site and to be minimised as far as practicable;
- Noisy activities to be minimised as far as practicable;
- No (contaminated) discharges to water, stormwater and sewers;
- Sufficient bins/skips to be provided for rubbish and waste storage and disposal. Recycle bins (for materials to be recycled) to be used as appropriate;
- Transport and disposal of asbestos and other hazardous materials to be in accordance with specific EPA requirements; and
- Clean up procedures in the event of fire, fuel spill and chemical spills.